Some Background on Blane Warrene
To explore my public appearances and speaking, click here.
It started with joining LinkedIn in 2004 and has continued with early adoption of social platforms over the past 9 years. Most notably, I have embraced Twitter – an amazing network to share, discover and pinpoint (input your word here) [news, friends, ideas, opinions, sentiment and more].
I ran a podcast for Arkovi and then RegEd through 136 episodes as producer and host – the Social Media Minute. You can tune in and subscribe here on iTunes. In November 2013 we were ranked as one of the five best podcasts for financial advisors. I now also host the Digital Well podcast – found here.
Gadgets and Devices
I discovered technology by accident in my youth, fresh out of high school and knew immediately it was my future.
Those close to me know I test and try most gadgets and devices. In fact – I was a beta tester on the original Blackberry Email Pager in 1999 while working for ING in Atlanta.
I admit my favorite device remains the iPad since its 2010 release with my bare bones Kindle reader close in second place (un-distracted reading a practiced art).
My use of tech is equal opportunity and find myself working across many platforms and devices regularly.
I’ve spent the majority of my adult life in financial services and am an alumni of CBIZ, ING, Pacific Life and ValMark Securities. I co-founded Arkovi Social Media Archiving in 2009 and at the end of 2012 sold that business to RegEd. I also co-founded QuonWarrene with Neal Quon, and continue to serve as a board member there.
My roles have always been driven by my passion for finding solutions, building teams and testing new ideas. They invariably keep me aligned to marketing and technology.
I speak and present frequently on technology, social media and the impact and evolution within financial services. If you would like me to speak at your event – just contact me.
Most recently I have spoken at:
- TD Ameritrade National Conference
- Morningstar Investment Conference
- United Planners Annual Conference
- TD Ameritrade National Workshop Series
- Lincoln Investment Planning National Conference
- Ameritas Connections
- IRI Legal
- Capitol Choice National Conference
- GWN Securities National Conference
- for a full list – just ask me.
Cited in the News
You can spot my recent articles or comments from many outlets
- Contributed to the InTech Blog at Investment News
- Social Media Minute podcast ranked #1 for financial advisors
- How Financial Advisors Can Use Twitter (Wall Street Journal)
- RegEd’s New Platform to Draw IBD Business (Investment News)
- Social Media Adoption – Why So Slow? (Financial Planning)
- Digital Marketing – Beyond Social Media (Financial Planning)
- Outsourcing is up as tech crunch hits IBDs (Advisor One)
- Measure Your Social Media Success (Financial Planning)
- Don’t Be Selfish on Social Media (Financial Planning)
- The Keys to Social Media: Listening (Financial Planning)
- Social Media Compliance 101 (Financial Planning)
- Jason Seiden podcast – Social Media Best Practices
- FPPad Bits & Bytes – Social Media Minute Podcast
- Google Hangout on Air with Bill Winterberg on podcasting
- My homage to Steve Jobs on the Arkovi blog
- and for the deep archives – 85 columns I wrote for TechNewsWorld