Join Jay Palter and myself on Between Sessions as we explore the digital business model in financial services.
Today’s episode rundown:
How the elite consulting and accounting firms use social networks
– LinkedIn is the most important network because reputation is the most important factor in selling work
– privacy is critical, similar to financial professionals
– “marketing” is not what they see themselves doing online, it’s more about thought leadership
– avoid excuses: “I’m not a branding person” or “I let my work speak for itself”
– define your mission and test it (“People don’t buy what you do, they buy why you do it” ~ Sinak)
– use social media to BE your brand (don’t just talk about it)
A great article by Sherry Carnahan on the fundamentals of social media she learned from her pre-social media father.